Sunday, July 30, 2006

Picking on My Friends

I recently preached on church unity and how we should consider the church of God our family and we as parts of that Body supplying each other's needs (Eph. 4:16). And although blood may be thicker than water, faith is thicker than blood.

As a family, of course, we have immediate relations and remote relations. I used an illustration of a friend from Boise (he knows who he is). He was a friend of a friend, but the fact that we are in the same national church (denomination) makes him a relative---kinda like a cousin. But with more commonality than I would have with any cousin in my family!

I used his name in the sermon, referencing his unique facial arrangment (you can see him in the latest New Horizon). I hope he doesn't mind. I even put in a good name for him.

I like to pick on my friends because they can handle it. And Hobart has large shoulders.

SDG

2 comments:

Hobster said...

so when can this be downloaded?

polymathis said...

wouldn't you like to know!
(as soon as I get the MP3--forgot to get it last night)