Thursday, December 21, 2006

Abandoned...


Whiteness everywhere.





Claustrophobia clawing at my heels.


Flurries & horizontal snow threaten to engulf me...

Well, it wasn't that bad, but I was getting worried when I saw a tractor rebuffed by the snow-mass accumulated in front of the house.

Its wheels spun freely in the waist-high snow.
It backed away and never came back.

"Surely," I mused to myself, "we are abandoned."

Next, a Ford truck plowed up the street. No dice.

I eventually worked up the courage to shovel the massive snow drift hiding my driveway, even though the streets were still impassable. It seemed pointless since the street was still not cleared. But it had to get done eventually, so why not now?

Meanwhile, I took a few breaks to preserve my back. And I whipped out the ol' camera. Is not God's creation wonderful?


Enjoy!













SDG

No comments: