Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Cleanliness is Next To Godliness...

Do you enjoy dining on the floor? Or perhaps eating your steak with the dirt and trash? Well, that is how I feel when I sit down at a restaurant and hear the CRUNCH! of leftover food underneath my rear!

I used to work at fast food restaurants years ago; and the manager would not put up with such sloppiness. We were to clean the table and the seat.

But today, in restaurants such as Bennigan's, Ruby Tuesday's or the like, my wife and I are lead by the host to a deceptively clean booth--but it is only the table that is clean, not the seat. We even wipe off the seat in front of the host, who stares at us with little comprehension.

Fortunately, this does not happen all the time--just enough to annoy me. It's enough to make me think that this could all be an analogy of the "little crumbs of sin" in our nation....nah, too cheesy.

SDG

No comments: