Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Waiting

No cigar to smoke.
No gum to chew.
No more nails to gnaw.

Pre-labor all weekend.
No sleep.
False start on Monday.
Now the real thing.

The REAL THING?

A baby brought by Almighty.
A precious soul to wait upon.

The Real Thing takes patience.
The Real Thing takes time.

I pace; I race.
I walk.
I trekked a trench in the hardwood floor.
My feet pounded the ground into powder.

Waiting.
Waiting.

God be praised I'm here to wait.
To learn patience. To endure for another.
As God was longsuffering with me.

To wait for our little Nora Renee.

Soli Deo Gloria

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shawn & Jody & baby Renee! WAHOOOOOOOOOOO! I am SO very excited for you all and am crying tears of deep joy & gratitude to our dear Lord! The photos are wonderful! God is gracious, Janet Sullivan