Tuesday, June 27, 2006

OPC GA: Sabbath Fellowship

This Sabbath day I was blessed to attend a sister church for morning worship. I met new people. I meet with old friends. I sung new songs. I heard a new sermon. We worshipped. We prayed. We sang. Afterwards, we ate and fellowshipped on this our Lord’s Day.

This Sabbath day I was blessed along with my roommate. We talked. We compared ideas. We relaxed. I napped (too much talking after hours the other nights!).

This Sabbath day I was blessed to attend evening worship. We had the Lord’s Supper. We had a strong sermon exhorting us toward good churchmanship (1 Tim. 3:15). We had songs. We had blessings.

This Sabbath day I was blessed with sweet fellowship in the evening. A few fellow presbyters gathered and talked of things of God and His creation. We encouraged and challenged one another. We were blessed.

I was blessed that Sabbath day because of God. It is His day and He has given it for us. If we honor Him, we will be blessed with peace of mind and spiritual growth.

This Sabbath day I was blessed with godly fellowship from the broader church.
Thanks be to God.

No comments: